Saturday, May 14, 2011

Better late than never

I know...it's been a while since I blogged. No, I didn't give up on it. I'm just finding it hard to stay dedicated at times. No excuses from me though. I know how I am. It takes a while to get into a steady pattern. If it makes it up to you...I have some cool things to share : )
First things first. I will be attending Artisphere in downtown Greenville tomorrow. So, you know that means there will be cool pics posted of the featured art. I hope the event was not pounded with rain today like the Battle of the Bands in Spartanburg. We were able to see a few bands before the monsoon started. Guess it goes with this time of year, huh?


Since some of you don't know me. All I can say about my finance is the man loves hot sauce. One entire crisper drawer of my refrigerator is filled to the top with hot sauce. Jalapeno, habanero, chipotle...you name it, it's there. A few months ago, he was able to purchase 2 live pepper plants online. Now, these are not your ordinary pepper plants. They are Bhut Jolokia pepper plants. If you are not familar with the plant, it is the world's hottest pepper. That's right...WORLD'S hottest. He is super stoked that I have not only been able to keep them alive (they are very finicky), but they are flourishing!! (see pic above) It's almost time to re-pot them into bigger containers. I have been wanting a greenhouse for a long time - and it looks like these peppers have sparked my fiance's interest in building me one!! 

Speaking of plant life and the great outdoors...I was able to go Mother's Day weekend and purchase a bistro table and chairs for my back porch. I don't know why it took me so long! There's nothing like sitting on your porch in the sun, taking in the views and listening to the birds chirp. It's a real connection to nature and very calming for me (and the cat)!



I was also able to get a huge packet of Sempervivum. This is also known as “houseleeks” or “hen and chick” plants. They are one of my favorite (and easy to grow) succulents. My echinacea plant is starting to sprout straight up - and I'm starting to see signs of buds. It won't be long and they will be in bloom also. The white dianthus (plumarius) is extremely fragrant and the blooms are beautiful. The climbing rosemary is starting to trail over the sides of the pot.



I could go on and on about this...but I'll stop right here. Just remember, if you have any questions about gardening or are curious about a plant I mention - just let me know. I'll be more than happy to help you out. Until next time...happy gardening and don't forget to go out and support your local artisans whenever possible : )

No comments:

Post a Comment