Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What a difference a day makes!

I was just telling everyone yesterday how well the bhut jolokia peppers were doing. And the possibility of having to re-pot them sooner than later. Well, I think the peppers heard me somehow! I was checking on them today and saw these tiny buds. This tells me not only are they extremely happy in this heat, but they are ready to flower - which produces peppers!! (Very similar to a strawberry plant).
When first starting this adventure, I told Scott I would do my best to keep these plants alive. The are known to be a very finicky plant - wanting "just right" conditions to produce peppers. I couldn't be happier. I will keep updating everyone and taking pictures of the process. I'm on a learning curve here and I'm taking you all along for the ride!
 
Until next time - Happy Gardening...and be careful in this heat.

1 comment:

  1. 1 million(plus some) Scoville units! Makes this a must have for me. Dana has her "weeds" all over the place. So I figured maybe she could grow a useful weed. Doing great! Makes my mouth water thinking about em! :)

    ReplyDelete