Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Here goes Round 2

The second batch of peppers are growing fast.
The first four peppers turned a dark orange color but never reached red.
It's been a while since I gave a bhut jolokia pepper update, so here goes...
The first 4 peppers are off of the vine and sitting on the window seal. Scott will probably have a bite of one and the others are headed for the food dehydrator. I'm currently watching the second batch of peppers (from the same plant) flourish in the heat of summer. 
My other plant bloomed a TON of flowers - but NONE of them stayed attached to the plant (so it didn't produce a single pepper). I am absolutely disappointed about that - but extremely happy I did manage to produce some peppers. The whole experience has been very exciting for me and I guess I didn't do too bad for my first attempt. The true test will be the flavor. How hot did they get? I'll let you know after the first taste test. :o

Until next time - Happy Gardening and don't be afraid to tackle something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment